Website Adobe Research
The Creative Intelligence Lab within Adobe Research plays a key role in creating next-generation applications and features in Adobe’s flagship products, including Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Lightroom, and Acrobat. We have worked on banner features such as Photoshop’s Content-Aware Fill, Upright Photo, and Generator/Export; Premiere’s Multi-Camera Sync; Audition’s Remix; Illustrator’s latest Pencil tool; and an array of forthcoming mobile apps and desktop features.
VR video is an exciting new media that is actively being formed by the artistic and film industry communities. Software tools to author and display these works are still being invented. It’s an exciting time! Adobe Research already has projects underway to explore this opportunity. You can see some of our recent results online:
- #CloverVR at Adobe MAX 2016 Sneak Peeks
- Vremiere: In-headset Virtual Reality Video Editing at SIGCHI 2017
- 6-DOF VR Videos with a Single 360-Camera IEEE VR 2017
The Creative Intelligence Lab is searching for a Virtual Reality (VR) Video Engineer in San Francisco. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with a team of researchers to help realize the future of VR video. The role will include integrating technologies into existing products, designing new standalone apps that work in concert with those products, and developing new prototypes based on cutting edge research.
For successful candidates:
- You are comfortable building products from scratch.
- You have shipped software in a commercial environment and can deal with last-minute bug fixes and schedule changes.
- You have experience moving research (your own or someone else’s) into products.
- You are passionate about creating a polished and compelling user experience.
- Proficient with C++ and OpenGL.
- Experience with real-time interactive 3D graphics.
- Track record of developing from concept all the way to shipping products.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer.
- Solid design skills and ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork experience.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Preference will be given for experience in these topics:
- VR software development
- Filmmaking, post-production
- Mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Performance profiling and optimization
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to grow your career, Adobe’s the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences through the Adobe Life magazine.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://adobe.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/external_experienced/job/San-Francisco/Virtual-Reality-Video-Engineer--Adobe-Research_53654 →