Website Tesseract Labs
Multiplayer VR platform for arcades
We’re building a multiplayer platform for the hottest virtual reality arcades, working with some of the most advanced hardware and software and some of the best VR content creators, and so will you.
As an early engineer, you’ll help define Tesseract’s engineering culture and practice extreme ownership over business critical components. You will be working with a highly skilled and diverse team between San Francisco and Sydney. You know what you’re good at, and are willing to learn, and push your boundaries.
Building platforms requires power lifters who have the creative skills to produce different building blocks. If you are a Unity generalist, able to pick up different tasks, and are willing to learn new skills, then we are looking for you.
You will be part of the core team, in beautiful San Francisco, California. Learn more about us at www.tesseract.cc
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain our platform SDK
- Write native plugins for Unity.
- Create and manage networked multiplayer codebases.
- Be able to optimize your code for latency and minimal resource footprint.
- Be comfortable with large & diverse game codebases.
- Manage your own priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Be able to work efficiently in a team and demonstrate ownership.
- Contribute original ideas towards research & development.
- 2 years min. experience developing games/apps/experiences working with Unity3D & C#
- 2 years min software engineering experience with C/C++/C#
- Strong 3d-math skills (vectors, matrices, linear algebra, quaternions, etc).
- Strong experience with applied math.
- Game Design background. Knowing how design changes will affect things like balance, flow, and pacing.
- Expertise with networking, animation, physics and UI.
- Unreal experience is a big plus.
- Gameplay scripting, and understanding of mechanics.
- Experience with VR and it’s best practices.
- Experience with driver/firmware development, OpenVR/SteamVR or Oculus drivers.
- Experience with Agile development is also a plus.