Website Spaces Inc.
VR Lead Programmer – Platform & SDK
Company: SPACES,Inc. Status: Employee Salary/Hourly: Salary
The power of virtual reality and mixed reality make it possible to take anyone anywhere, and SPACES Inc. is bringing that power to a bold new era of VR-enabled theme parks and attractions. Based in Los Angeles, SPACES boasts one of the most accomplished teams in the VR industry, with artists, designers and programmers from film, television, video games, visual effects, theme parks and animation — all eager to explore the limitless new horizons of VR and mixed reality.
As a Lead Programmer, you’ll drive development projects in an innovative and fast paced environment. Continually retrospecting and driving innovation within our software development process to ensure our projects are executed at the highest possible level. Your experience in servant leadership, humble confidence, and social grace will help you to work with our teams as you partner with fellow leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment.
- Support of client SDK and development of server side interfaces
- Define and implement public facing software API for proprietary hardware.
- Implement new and creative algorithms to solve dynamic problems
- Define the technical design for the main elements of a project together with team members
- Identify and help tackle the main risk areas for a project
- Co-operate in setting up the main technical systems for a project together with the team;
- Mentor, inspire and motivate the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines
- Co-operate in the overall planning of a project. Be proficient and proactive in organizing and planning
- Closely work with the leads of the other disciplines (Art & Design)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical/scientific discipline
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, OOP principles, design patterns, and computational complexity
- 10 years of professional experience in software and game development (C/C++, C#)
- Experience with a commercial Game Engine SDK (Unreal, Unity3D)
- Professional experience with full life-cycle, cross platform SDK development (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS)
- In-depth experience with a 3D graphics API (DirectX, OpenGL or OpenGL ES)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed, analytical problem solver and works well in a team environment.
- The ability to use a Virtual Reality headset and hand controllers
Must be able to work in the US.
Must be able to travel (Asia, United States).
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter here: firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE ABOUT US:
SPACES is led by CEO Shiraz Akmal and CTO Brad Herman, VR pioneers who previously oversaw virtual reality development at DreamWorks Animation. Leading investors in SPACES include Songcheng Performance Development Co. Ltd., with whom it operates a $30-million theme-park joint venture in China; Comcast Ventures, the venture-capital affiliate of Comcast Corporation; and Youku Global Media Fund, among others.
You can learn more about SPACES by reading recent news articles about our work and our vision:
Venture Beat: SPACES gets another $6.5 million for its VR theme park dreams
UploadVR: SPACES Inc.’s Vision for a VR Theme Park is $6.5 Million Closer to Being a Reality
Variety: VR Startup SPACES Lands $6.5 Million from Chinese Theme-Park Operator Songcheng, Comcast, Other Investors