MPC is an award-winning global creative studio; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
As part of the VR team you will be exposed to the newest and most exciting areas of the Visual effects industry As a Technical Artist your job is to be a liaison between the programming and the art teams. As the bridge it is your responsibility to make sure assets are created to spec and imported into engine as efficiently as possible while maximizing visual quality staying within technical requirements.
You will have to be quick on your feet with the ability to research, create, teach, and implement new advanced techniques that further streamline and enhance the production process. The Technical Artist must be willing to work closely with the directors and collaborate with art, production, and programming leads throughout a project’s duration.
- Oversee the creation and integration of rigs, animation, and animation logic
- Work with rigging and animation teams to ensure animations are imported correctly
- Must have a deep understanding of real-time engines
- Advanced experience with Unreal Blueprint and Unity Scripting systems
- Must be proficient with Maya, Motionbuilder or similar software solution
- Must be able to create advanced animation logic in Unreal’s persona or Unity’s Mechanim
- Must be capable of asset organization and scene optimization
- Must have the ability to speak and work creatively with both the programming and art teams
- Must have a working experience with in engine rigging techniques such as Advanced IK systems and Blend shape trees
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Extensive asset importation troubleshooting experience
- Some experience creating content for VR/AR and or realtime based projects.
- Experience with in engine cloth simulation and physics systems
- Experience with scripting languages : MEL, Python, C# *Preferred*
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://smrtr.io/x1ZyhQ →