ILMxLAB builds immersive cinema applications for Virtual and Augmented Reality platforms. Our mission is to tell stories in new ways that leverage real-time graphics on ultra high-end hardware. We combine techniques from film VFX production with techniques from the video game industry to produce real-time experiences of the highest fidelity.
This role would report directly to the Director, ADG and have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the VFX Supervisor of ILMxLAB. This role will be responsible for establishing the techniques and processes that bridge those two disciplines as well as bridging the techniques of film production and video game development.
• Sets strategic direction for the content pipeline and tools.
• Collaborates with engineering to create realtime engine roadmap.
• Establishes tactical specifics like naming conventions, file layout, and repository architecture.
• Implements tools that condition DCC assets for engine ingestion.
• Bridges communication between art and engineering.
• Advises creative leadership on the relative difficulty of artistic choices.
• Optimizes the combining of VFX film production with real-time software development.
• Mentors and develops character, environment, and Look Development Technical Directors.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 5 years’ experience in film VFX, 5 years’ experience in AAA games, with at least 3 years in a supervisor or lead capacity.
• 5 years of professional Python experience.
• 10 years of experience with packages such as Maya, Motionbuilder, and Mari.
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine from a techart perspective
• Experience with performance optimization while finalizing a AAA product.
• Deep Character TD knowledge including facial animation, cloth simulation, performance capture, modeling, and rigging.
• Knowledge of PBR, and experience writing or modifying shaders.
• Hands-on professional VR experience.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6930&CurrentPage=1 →