Felix & Paul Studios is dedicated to storytelling through the medium of cinematic virtual reality. The studio combines technological innovation with a unique, pioneering and in-depth approach to the new art of virtual reality storytelling – creating high-end original cinematic experiences (Nomads and Strangers) and collaborating with existing franchises (Jurassic World, Cirque du Soleil and Wild) and world-renown personalities (President Bill Clinton, LeBron James, President Barack Obama).
Led by directors and visionaries Félix Lajeunesse and Paul Raphaël, Felix & Paul Studios invites audiences into intimate, visceral and emotive cinematic virtual reality experiences, immersing the viewer in presence-driven storylines. The company has developed a full-stack VR technology platform – including proprietary 3D 360º camera systems and accompanying post-production software and process – which sets the industry standard for the highest-quality VR filmmaking.
Role and responsibilities
- Design and implement a production pipeline for VR experiences.
- Participate in the design and development of processes, scripts and tools to improve the post-production performance, including software, plugins, scripts, applications, etc…
- Integrate off-the-shelf and custom software into the pipeline.
- Configure and update systems and databases to maintain the infrastructure’s integrity.
- Work in collaboration with film post-production artists.
- Provide expert advice to the post-production team.
- Continuously improve the pipeline user experience.
- Participate in evaluation and sourcing of third party data processing software and libraries.
- Document development and updates.
- At least 7 years of work experience as a developer
- In-depth knowledge and command of Python, including libraries such as PyQt
- Experience in automation scripts development
- Experience in the gaming or cinema industry
- Knowledge of Shotgun and its API
- Experience using a version control software (we use GIT)
- A knowledge of Nuke and/or Deadline will be considered assets