Felix & Paul Studios is dedicated to storytelling through the medium of cinematic virtual reality. The studio combines technological innovation with a unique, pioneering and in-depth approach to the new art of virtual reality storytelling – creating high-end original cinematic experiences (Nomads and Strangers) and collaborating with existing franchises (Jurassic World, Cirque du Soleil and Wild) and world-renown personalities (President Bill Clinton, LeBron James, President Barack Obama).
Led by directors and visionaries Félix Lajeunesse and Paul Raphaël, Felix & Paul Studios invites audiences into intimate, visceral and emotive cinematic virtual reality experiences, immersing the viewer in presence-driven storylines. The company has developed a full-stack VR technology platform – including proprietary 3D 360º camera systems and accompanying post-production software and process – which sets the industry standard for the highest-quality VR filmmaking.
The Nuke Technical Director works with the CTO and the pipeline and compositing groups to build and support compositing tools, techniques, and procedures, to support current projects and advance the capabilities of the studio. The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of compositing, image processing, color theory, software design, graphics, and production workflow. Candidates will be required to contribute to compositing, and overall back end development.
Role and responsibilities
- Design and create tools using Nuke’s Python API, internal and FOSS libraries
- Integrate new tools into the Studio’s existing workflow, using a combination of Python, C++, and the aforementioned APIs
- Discuss with Compositing supervisors and artists to design and improve the aforementioned integration and troubleshoot and propose solutions to bottlenecks and problems that may arise
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years visual effects production experience required
- Proficiency with Nuke’s SDK & Python interface. Proficiency with C++
- Experience with production environments and pipelines, rendering, asset systems and databases
- Knowledge of Shotgun and its API is a plus
- Proficiency with Python and PyQt
- Experience using a version control software (we use GIT)