Website DigitalFish, Inc.
DigitalFish has an immediate need for an Unreal Engine/VR Tools Developer with strong Unreal Engine 3/4 (UE3/UE4) development experience.
You’ll be working on projects for Epic Games, creating new content-authoring and delivery tools for artists, driven by former Pixar animators and directors. Some of our other partners include Google ATAP, Oculus Story Studio, LEGO, NASA, Pixar and DreamWorks, and you can expect to intersect with these other projects over time.
Ideal candidates will have 5+ years work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position and meet other qualifications, contact us, we’ll listen.
– Collaborate on design of and implement novel, artist-facing features for the Unreal Engine 4 editor
– Implement open architecture for an animation production platform within Unreal
– Develop a predictable, extensible, fault-tolerant tools pipeline to aid artists in producing content
– Create mockups and design documentation for new features, tools, and production workflows
– Respond to feedback and troubleshoot issues with remote teams of artists around the world
– Work closely within a team of developers and senior technical staff in DigitalFish, Epic Games, and other development partners
– Contribute toward supporting and maintaining related areas of the Unreal Engine-4 code base
– BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
– 5+ years of professional experience in C++ and OOP, ideally in a cross-platform environment
– Strong experience in Unreal Engine 3 or 4 codebase and tools
– Experience submitting patches to Epic Games for tools or engine-level fixes
– Experience developing plugins for extending Maya, Houdini, 3ds Max, or similar
– Solid understanding of 3D graphics fundamentals
– Familiarity with modern graphics API’s such as OpenGL, GL ES or DirectX
– Professional experience in 3D computer-graphics production is desirable
– Strong general programming skills
– Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
– Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
Compensation and Benefits
– Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
– Full benefits with excellent health plan
– Ability to influence product and features
– Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
DigitalFish office located in San Mateo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!