We’re reposting this because we will be at SXSW and would like to meet up with potential candidates for the role below. If you’re going to be at SXSW in Austin between the 13th – 17th of March please get in touch and we can figure out a good time to meet in Austin.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Cisco Emerge is a team established to drive innovation and define the future of work and collaboration for Cisco. We’re here to try new things, work with the latest technologies and break the rules, ideally leading to new product opportunities in the future.
We’re a small team of engineers and designers based out of San Francisco’s coolest workspace in Mission Bay. The vibe is informal, we push for change wherever we can and have fun while building new things. Most of us have joined Cisco from startups.
As part of our efforts we’re currently strengthening our Augmented and Virtual Reality efforts, both looking within the field of collaboration but also beyond that. We acknowledge that collaboration is a broad spectrum and that inspiration for the field can come from many areas, including gaming, entertainment, social media, etc.
The role that we’re currently looking for is a AR/VR Developer. You will be working with a small team within the Cisco Emerge team to drive forward our AR/VR efforts and get us from conceptualization to actual prototype to a releasable product that we put in the hands of our customers and testers.
You will be communicating both with internal and external stakeholders and customers in order to create the best possible AR/VR platform for collaboration, extending on already established Cisco offerings in the collaboration portfolio such as Spark, WebEx and Telepresence.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely together with other AR/VR enthusiasts within Cisco
- Build out new ideas and prototypes fast, iterate rapidly and test your assumptions on users internally and externally
- Champion new (crazy?) ideas that just might work
- Take part in building the team culture and process
- Evaluate and test new technologies especially within AR/VR
- You probably have a background in Computer Science but your formal education is not the most important factor. We really care more about your ability to quickly put thoughts into code and develop new products from scratch fast.
- Experience with developing AR or VR applications for either mobile, Oculus, Rift, Hololens, etc. is a must
- Proficiency in Unity, Unreal or other similar 3D environments and engines is a must
- Proficiency in Java, Objective C, C++, Python or any other web/mobile focused languages is a plus
- Mobile development (IOS or Android) experience is a plus
- REST API design experience is a plus
- Any experience with NLP, Machine Learning, etc. is a plus
- You’ve probably been coding since you were a kid and/or have always had projects on the side of your main job. Ideally you come from a startup or have experience working with startups. If you have spent time in the corporate world you most likely held a position that involved new technologies, innovation or did something untraditional or are really keen on trying something new.