Platform to Revolutionize Training in VR/AR
Location: San Francisco Bay area
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Platform Architect to design and implement Boon’s end-to-end platform for Virtual Reality based training.
Boon is an early stage startup focusing on an immersive, interactive and fully integrated platform where Enterprises train their customers using VR/AR technology. We have identified mission-critical applications that need VR/AR training and have already secured significant customers for the Platform.
We are currently looking for a Senior Cloud Platform Architect to lead the definition and design of the this highly immersive, interactive solution. You will play an important role in the strategic roadmap of the platforms, detailed definition of various modules and their interactions with the VR client, feature priority and new product capabilities. You will also be responsible for performance analysis for low latency, high throughput content delivery to multiple end users.
The ideal candidate is technically strong with a passion to design and implement configurable and scalable solutions with high degree of interactivity and real time responsiveness. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
- Drive business critical features from idea to implementation
- Develop and maintain technical architectural roadmap; ensure that technical and architectural expertise are fed into project
- Ensure Platform Architecture is cost-effective, secure, future-proof and scalable throughout the platform life cycle.
- Ensure that design patterns and design principles exist for the platform and that these are followed and implemented by the developers.
- Lead the resolution of critical technical issues, providing prompt and complete analysis of technical challenges
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency
Keep up to date with latest market trends and developments in-scope for platform solution
- Consider the introduction of new and future technology
- Be subject matter expert in questions related to the platform and participate in due diligence of when acquiring possible new partners and solutions
- Document solutions and best practices.
- BSCS or MSCS with 5+ years’ experience in architecture and design of enterprise web applications
- Adept at leading teams of developers
- 3+ years’ experience with AWS and DevOps. Including familiarity with S3, Cloudfront, VPC, Security, ElastiCache, and Elastic Transcoding
- Experience in CDNs, Streaming Media architecture and implementation for Mobile devices
- Experience in Architecture Design of SOA and Microservices
- Multi-fluency with Python, Django, Django-REST-Framework, C, C#, Objective-C, Java
- Deep understanding of Database technologies including PostgreSQL/MySql and RDBMS
- Familiarity with modern web security and defensive design techniques
Experience using cloud native tools and utilizing them to meet the needs of customers and the organization.
- Able to design stable, robust systems; disaster recovery plans; operations planning
- Good knowledge and experience on software quality process/assurance including automation testing, unit/integration testing, design/code review, code profiling and software continuous integration (CI)
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)