Website Avegant Corp.
The leader in mixed reality/AR light field technologies.
Avegant is a well-funded, venture-backed technology company developing the next-generation of light field displays. We are pioneering innovative hardware and software solutions that will forever change how we learn, play, work and interact with each other. We’ve won multiple awards, our team is best in class, and we’re just getting started.
Avegant is about the journey of innovation, and we want to take you with us. If you think you have what it takes to be part of our incredible team, then come join us and be part of a company that is making mixed reality possible.
Avegant is looking for a Unity Developer that is not only great at what they do, but who will be an integral part of our team. We’re seeking someone with a strong background in development of Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality using Unity. Previous experience developing AR/VR applications is key. You should also have a strong understanding of 3D math, graphics engines and the physics engines that allow you to manipulate objects inside of the Unity platform. Previous experience in the gaming or consumer electronics industry is a huge plus. This position will be located onsite in our HQ office in Belmont, CA.
Working together and supporting each other is critical to our success. We function well as a team, and are better together because we actually enjoy each other’s company! Our team-building happens both organically and with intention—through daily lunch together in the office, shooting hoops after lunch, handling meetings over nature walks, and team events outside of the office. We’re seeking candidates that will continue to bring that same enthusiasm to the team.
· Rapidly prototype new experiences on a novel AR/VR platform in Unity/C#. This may include user interaction, games, simulated work environments, and entertainment/education applications.
· Develop software for realtime 3D VR/AR user interfaces
· Collaborate with design leads, artists, animators and act as a liaison between development and final user experience.
· Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
· Optimize performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
· Create and maintain technical documentation.
· Excellent knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, shaders, animation, GUI styles, and user interaction in AR/VR applications.
· Experience with character rigging and animation within Unity, including working with mocap data.
· Minimum 5 years of interactive 3D programming experience. At least 3 years experience with Unity or similar game engine.
· Expert level C, C++, or C# coding skills.
· Strong knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns, 3D Math, and data structures.
· Experience with game physics and particle systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
· Passion for creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experiences.
· Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools
*Experience building with the latest mixed reality hardware (HoloLens, Leap Motion, Vive/Rift/PSVR/Daydream).
*Experience with room tracking systems.
*User interface and rapid prototyping experience.
*Understanding of computer vision algorithms, spatial mapping, shaders.
*Strong generalist/hacker spirit who tinkers with various emerging technologies.
Please visit us at www.avegant.com/careers to apply directly online.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.avegant.com/careers →